Our Approach to Personal Information Protection
If we receive a request from a customer or a customer’s representative to disclose, revise, add, delete, stop using, or delete (hereinafter referred to as “to disclose, revise, or otherwise process”) personal information, we will disclose, revise, or otherwise process that information.
June 19, 2019
Toyota Technical Development Corporation (TTDC)
Yoshiyuki Kagawa, President
1. Definition of Personal Information
2. Methods of Collecting Personal Information
Personal information may be collected as follows. Personal information may be provided from a customer in writing or via our website. The telephone number of a customer may be obtained from a number display when a customer telephones TTDC. Personal information may also be obtained from the recordings of telephone conversations. Additionally, personal information may also be collected from video or sound recordings taken on the premises of TTDC for the purpose of company security or crime prevention.
3. Purposes of Using Personal Information
TTDC will only use collected personal information for the following purposes and will not use personal information beyond the scope of these purposes without the consent of the customer.
To respond to questions, requests, or inquiries from a customer
To provide information or guidance pertaining to our products and services
For the accounting purposes of TTDC
For company security or crime prevention
To comply with directives, guidance, or the like defined in laws or regulations or issued from a governmental institution
To use as statistical data that does not identify individuals, for the purpose of improving the quality of our products and services
For any other purpose clearly stated when that personal information is collected
4. Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
In the following cases, TTDC may disclose or provide personal information to a third party.
5. Management of Personal Information
To protect the personal information of our customers, we will make every effort to maintain and improve our network security, and we will carry out measures to prevent improper access from outside the company, as well as the loss, damage, alteration, leakage, or the like of personal information. We will define regulations that define the handling of personal information and make sure that these regulations are known and understood by all our employees.
6. Handling of Personal Information at Linked Sites
Our website contains external links.
TTDC makes no warranty and bears no responsibility pertaining to the collection and handling of personal information at the linked websites.
7. Information that Does Not Identify an Individual
8. Requests to Disclose, Revise, or Otherwise Process Personal Information
If a customer would like to request the disclosure, revision, or the like of personal information belonging to that customer and collected by TTDC, the customer should contact the personal information handling inquiry desk described below. We will respond to such requests within two to three weeks after receiving the request, after directly confirming the request with the customer.
Direct requests from a customer
Please send the following documentation to the personal information handling inquiry desk by postal mail (a handling fee of 1,000 yen will be required). It should be noted that all fees related to the transfer of the handling fee shall be borne by the customer.
- (a) The application form specified by TTDC
- (b) A copy of the driving license, health insurance card, or passport of the customer
- (c) The bank transfer statement showing that the handling fee has been remitted (copy permitted)
* The account to which the handling fee should be transferred will be notified separately.
Requests from a representative of a customer
In addition to items (a) to (c) above, requests from a representative of a customer should also be accompanied by the following documentation.
- (d) Letter of authorization from the customer (Any format is acceptable, but it must be stamped by the customer using a registered personal seal.)
- (e) A copy of the driving license, health insurance card, or passport of the representative of the customer
- (f) The seal registration certificate (one copy) of the customer
1. Purposes of Using Cookies
To display the website in an optimum form and to improve services
To temporarily manage information inputted by a customer
To investigate and analyze how people are browsing the website
2. Use of Tools
To optimize the browsing experience and improve the website, our website uses Google Analytics as one tool to collect and analyze access logs.
With Google Analytics, cookies are used to collect logs that do not include information capable of identifying individuals.
Personal Information Handling Inquiry Desk
1-9 Imae, Hanamoto-cho, Toyota, Aichi 470-0334, Japan
Personal Information Handling Inquiry Desk, Corporate Management Div., Toyota Technical Development Corporation
|Desk open hours
Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:30
(the desk is closed between 12:00 and 13:00 each day)